Online Symposium on AI Opportunities and Challenges (SAIOC)
Education will never be the same again!
5 December 2023
AI in Education Excellence Awards
AI is having a significant impact on education, and is beginning to transform various aspects of the teaching and learning experience. However, examples of high performing AI applications in education are hard to find. For this reason, at this AI in Education Symposium we want to showcase innovative examples of AI applications in education. These examples are presented as case histories which can be written by academics, teachers, business professionals or students. Examples are welcome from universities or schools as well as the private and public sectors. The entries will be judged by the Symposium committee and the finalists will be invited to present their applications to the Symposium participants. They will also be invited to submit a developed version of the case history to a special issue of the Electronic Journal of e-Learning.
To enter the competition, we ask you in the first instance to submit an abstract of 300 words describing your initiative. If your proposal is suitable, you will be invited to submit a full case history of no more than 3000 words which will be considered as an entry to the competition.
When preparing your abstract, keep in mind that full case histories will be structured around the following headings:
- Introduction to the nature of the AI initiative and its specific objectives
- The infrastructure i.e. people, systems, hardware, software etc. required to launch the initiative
- The challenges that were encountered, how they developed and how they were overcome
- How the initiative was received by the users or participants
- The learning outcomes that were achieved and how they were measured and evaluated
- Plans to further develop the initiative.
Authors of the top-rated initiatives will be invited to register and attend the Online Symposium on 5 December to present their case histories to the judges and conference participants. Finalists will also be invited to submit a developed version of the case history to a special issue of the Electronic Journal of e-Learning.
To submit an abstract to the competition, please use this online form:
- Abstract Submission 15 September 2023
- Finalists announced 1 November 2023
- Full Case History Submission 15 October 2023
Abstracts will be considered on receipt, but judging will begin on 1 November after the closing date for full case history submission.
If you have any queries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the Online Symposium on AI Opportunities and Challenges (SAIOC): Education will never be the same again! can be found here.