20th European Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security
24th - 25th June 2021, a Virtual Conference
Together with the university we have made the decision to run ECCWS as a fully virtual conference. The conference dates will remain 24 – 25 June 2021. The virtual conference will take place using Zoom and be an opportunity to meet participants from around the globe, listen to important keynote presentations and take part in workshops and networking session.
A Virtual Conference hosted by ACI and University of Chester, UK
Welcome to ECCWS 2021
It is now 20 years since the European Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security (ECCWS) was established. It has been held in Ireland, Germany, Finland, Estonia, Greece, Portugal, to mention only a few of the countries which have hosted it. This conference attracts an interesting combination of academic scholars, military personnel, practitioners and individuals who are engaged in various aspects of the cyber security community. ECCWS is generally attended by participants from more than 30 countries. The Journal of Information Warfare regularly publishes a number of the papers presented at this conference.
Personal Message from the Conference Chairs
The University of Chester is building a strong base for teaching and research in cyber security and is very much looking forward to hosting this conference. For us, this is an interesting opportunity to network with relevant researchers and practitioners in our fantastic university facility. Collaboration is key to bringing together all the interested entities and individuals.
We look forward to welcoming participants. Dr Thaddeus Eze.
|Abstract submission deadline|
|Notification of abstract acceptance||11 December 2020|
|Full paper due for review||21 January 2021|
|Notification of paper acceptance (with any requested changes)||01 April 2021|
|Earlybird registration closes||15 April 2021|
|Final paper due (with any changes)||29 April 2021|
|Final Author registration date||20 May 2021|
Papers accepted for the ECCWS after the double-blind peer review process, will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. The conference proceedings have an ISSN (2049-9870) and will be assigned an ISBN on publication. Additionally, papers that have been presented at the conference will also be considered for further development an possible publication in the journals listed below. Note that journal editors are provided with the conference proceedings and will make selections if they feel work is appropriate and of sufficient quality for the journal. If invited to publish in a journal authors will be expected to develop the work by 40-50%, including a change of title and abstract. Individual journal procedures will need to be followed and there is no guarantee of publication.
- International Journal of Information and Computer Security published by Inderscience ISSNs - online: 1744-1773 print: 1744-1765
- Journal of Information Warfare (classified by Peregrine Technical Solutions): (ISSN 1445-3312 (Printed) ISSN 1445-3347 (Online))
- International Journal of Cyber Warfare and Terrorism (IJCWT) published by Information Resources Management Association, USA.( DOI: 10.4018/IJCWT, ISSN: 1947-3435, EISSN: 1947-3443).
- International Journal of Electronic Security and Digital Forensics published by Inderscience UK (ISSN:1751-1911X).
- Journal of Digital Forensics, Security and Law published by the Association of Digital Forensics, Security and Law ISSNs 1558-7215 (print) and 1558-7223 (online).
- Information Journal published by MDPI (ISSN 2078-2489)
Proceedings of the European Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security (ECCWS) are:
- indexed in the ISI Web of Science Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- listed in EBSCO database of Conference Proceedings
- listed in the ProQuest database
- indexed by the Institution of Engineering and Technology in the UK
- listed on Google Scholar
- listed on Google Book search
- indexed by Elsevier SCOPUS
- Ranked by the Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
Conference proceedings are submitted for accreditation on publication. Please note that depending on the accreditation body, this process can take several months.