22nd European Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security
22 - 23 June 2023, Athens, Greece
Hellenic Air Force Academy (HAFA) and the University of Piraeus, Greece
Welcome to ECCWS 2023
It is now 22 years since the European Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security (ECCWS) was established. It has been held in Ireland, Germany, Finland, Estonia, Greece, Portugal, to mention only a few of the countries which have hosted it. This conference attracts an interesting combination of academic scholars, military personnel, practitioners and individuals who are engaged in various aspects of the cyber security community. ECCWS is generally attended by participants from more than 30 countries. The Journal of Information Warfare regularly publishes a number of the papers presented at this conference.
Personal Message from the Conference Chairs
The 22nd European Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security will be jointly organised by the Hellenic Air Force Academy (HAFA) and the University of Piraeus and ACI, and will be hosted by the HAFA. HAFA is located in the northern suburbs of the Athens, close to the upscale municipality of Kifisia. We are planning a great event to network the conference community with local researchers and professionals at our modern campus. We look forward to welcoming you in Athens, an eternal city with history spanning over 3,400 years.
|Abstract submission deadline||30 November 2022|
|Notification of abstract acceptance||14 December 2022|
|Full paper due for review||19 January 2023|
|Notification of paper acceptance (with any requested changes)||30 March 2023|
|Earlybird registration closes||13 April 2023|
|Final paper due (with any changes)||27 April 2023|
|Final Author registration date||18 May 2023|
Papers accepted for the ECCWS after the double-blind peer review process, will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. The conference proceedings have an ISSN (2049-9870) and will be assigned an ISBN on publication. Proceedings are accessible here: https://papers.academic-conferences.org/index.php/eccws
Additionally, papers that have been presented at the conference will also be considered for further development and possible publication in the journals listed below. Note that journal editors are provided with the conference proceedings and will make selections if they feel work is appropriate and of sufficient quality for the journal. If invited to publish in a journal authors will be expected to develop the work by 40-50%, including a change of title and abstract. Individual journal procedures will need to be followed and there is no guarantee of publication.
- International Journal of Information and Computer Security published by Inderscience ISSNs - online: 1744-1773 print: 1744-1765
- Journal of Information Warfare (classified by Peregrine Technical Solutions): (ISSN 1445-3312 (Printed) ISSN 1445-3347 (Online))
- International Journal of Cyber Warfare and Terrorism (IJCWT) published by Information Resources Management Association, USA.( DOI: 10.4018/IJCWT, ISSN: 1947-3435, EISSN: 1947-3443).
- International Journal of Electronic Security and Digital Forensics published by Inderscience UK (ISSN:1751-1911X).
- Journal of Digital Forensics, Security and Law published by the Association of Digital Forensics, Security and Law ISSNs 1558-7215 (print) and 1558-7223 (online).
- Information Journal published by MDPI (ISSN 2078-2489)
Proceedings of the European Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security (ECCWS) are:
- listed in the Web of Science (WoS) Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- listed in EBSCO database of Conference Proceedings
- listed in the ProQuest database
- indexed by the Institution of Engineering and Technology in the UK
- listed on Google Scholar
- listed on Google Book search
- indexed by Elsevier SCOPUS
- Ranked by the Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
Conference proceedings are submitted for accreditation on publication. Please note that depending on the accreditation body, this process can take several months.