7th International Conference on Tourism Research
18 - 19 March 2024, Cape Town, South Africa
Hosted by the Centre for Tourism Research in Africa at the Cape Town Hotel School, Cape Peninsula University of Technology, South Africa
Welcome to ICTR 2024
Now in its seventh year the International Conference on Tourism Research, has been building upon successful events in Cyprus, Portugal, Jyväskylä and Finland. The global approach to tourism has changed considerably over the past decades – in part due to low-cost travel and also due to an increased concern about the sustainability of tourism from both cultural and environmental perspectives. Despite some advances being made in the area, topics related to tourism research remain pertinent and are gaining momentum in a changing society. It is thus important to continue to develop research on specific tourism topics, in order to acquire a clearer understanding and to obtain important insights.
This conference is establishing itself at the cutting edge of tourism research and brings together a diverse range of thinkers on the topic, we welcome everyone researching in this area to present their work to the scientific community. ICTR 2024 will be hosted by the Cape Town Hotel School in collaboration with the Centre for Tourism Research in Africa in the Department of Tourism & Events Management at CPUT.
Personal Message from the Conference Chairs
In March 2024, ICTR will be hosted by the Cape Town Hotel School in collaboration with the Centre for Tourism Research in Africa in the Department of Tourism & Events Management at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology. We are looking forward to welcoming participants to the Cape Town Hotel School (CTHS), situated right on the ocean at our Granger Bay Campus with the iconic Table Mountain as the back-drop. We have been followers of the conference for many years and have always enjoyed the opportunity to share ideas and network with a diverse group of ICTR participants. Next year in Cape Town, we are excited to showcase our diverse city and institution.
|Abstract submission deadline
|STILL ACCEPTING ABSTRACTS
|Notification of abstract acceptance
|28 September 2023
|Full paper due for review
|01 November 2023
|Notification of paper acceptance (with any requested changes)
|10 January 2024
|Earlybird registration closes
|15 January 2024
|Final paper due (with any changes)
|22 January 2024
|Final Author registration date
|12 February 2024
Papers accepted for the ICTR after the double-blind peer review process, will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. The conference proceedings have an ISSN (2049-9870) and will be assigned an ISBN on publication. Proceedings are accessible here: https://papers.academic-conferences.org/index.php/ictr
Additionally, papers that have been presented at the conference will also be considered for further development and possible publication in the journals listed below. Note that journal editors are provided with the conference proceedings and will make selections if they feel work is appropriate and of sufficient quality for the journal. If invited to publish in a journal authors will be expected to develop the work by 40-50%, including a change of title and abstract. Individual journal procedures will need to be followed and there is no guarantee of publication.
- Research and Hospitality Journal published by Taylor & Francis ISSNs - online: 2415-5152 print: 2224-3534
- International Journal of Tourism Cities published by Emerald ISSN: 2056 - 5607
- Tourism Review published by Emerald ISSN: 1660-5373
- Tourism and Hospitality International Journal (THIJ) Papers written in English, Portuguese and Spanish are accepted. Published by Dept of Tourism, Portugal
- European Journal of Tourism Research. Only papers written in English are accepted.published by Varna University of Management, Bulgaria. ISSN print: 1994 - 7658 online: 1314 - 0817
- Sustainability Only papers with 70% changes are accepted. Published by MDPI - ISSN 2071-1050
- International Journal of Spa and Wellness published by Taylor & Francis / Routledge - Online: 2472-1743 Print: 2472-1735 https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rspa20/current
The Proceedings of the International Conference on Tourism Research will be submitted to the following bodies for indexing:
- Web of Science (WoS) Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- Institution of Engineering and Technology in the UK
- Google Scholar
- Google Book Search
- Elsevier SCOPUS abstract and citation database
The Conference Proceedings are submitted for accreditation on publication. Please note that depending on the accreditation body this process can take up to several months.