6th International Conference on Tourism Research
8 - 9 June 2023, Pafos, Cyprus
Neapolis University, Pafos, Cyprus
Welcome to ICTR 2023
Now in its sixth year the International Conference on Tourism Research, building upon successful events in Porto, Portugal, Jyväskylä, Finland and virtually supported in Spain and Portugal. The global approach to tourism has changed considerably over the past decades – in part due to low-cost travel and also due to an increased concern about the sustainability of tourism from both cultural and environmental perspectives. Despite some advances being made in the area, topics related to tourism research remain pertinent and are gaining momentum in a changing society. It is thus important to continue to develop research on specific tourism topics, in order to acquire a clearer understanding and to obtain important insights.
This conference is establishing itself at the cutting edge of tourism research and brings together a diverse range of thinkers on the topic, we welcome everyone researching in this area to present their work to the scientific community.
Personal Message from the Conference Chairs
|Abstract submission deadline||STILL ACCEPTING ABSTRACTS|
|Notification of abstract acceptance||30 November 2022|
|Full paper due for review||05 January 2023|
|Notification of paper acceptance (with any requested changes)||16 March 2023|
|Earlybird registration closes||30 March 2023|
|Final paper due (with any changes)||13 April 2023|
|Final Author registration date||04 May 2023|
Papers accepted for the ICTR after the double-blind peer review process, will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. The conference proceedings have an ISSN (2049-9870) and will be assigned an ISBN on publication. Proceedings are accessible here: https://papers.academic-conferences.org/index.php/ictr
Additionally, papers that have been presented at the conference will also be considered for further development and possible publication in the journals listed below. Note that journal editors are provided with the conference proceedings and will make selections if they feel work is appropriate and of sufficient quality for the journal. If invited to publish in a journal authors will be expected to develop the work by 40-50%, including a change of title and abstract. Individual journal procedures will need to be followed and there is no guarantee of publication.
- Research and Hospitality Journal published by Taylor & Francis ISSNs - online: 2415-5152 print: 2224-3534
- International Journal of Tourism Cities published by Emerald ISSN: 2056 - 5607
- Tourism Review published by Emerald ISSN: 1660-5373
- Tourism and Hospitality International Journal (THIJ) Papers written in English, Portuguese and Spanish are accepted. Published by Dept of Tourism, Portugal
- European Journal of Tourism Research. Only papers written in English are accepted.published by Varna University of Management, Bulgaria. ISSN print: 1994 - 7658 online: 1314 - 0817
- Sustainability Only papers with 70% changes are accepted. Published by MDPI - ISSN 2071-1050
- International Journal of Spa and Wellness published by Taylor & Francis / Routledge - Online: 2472-1743 Print: 2472-1735 https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rspa20/current
The Proceedings of the International Conference on Tourism Research will be submitted to the following bodies for indexing:
- Web of Science (WoS) Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- Institution of Engineering and Technology in the UK
- Google Scholar
- Google Book Search
- Elsevier SCOPUS abstract and citation database
The Conference Proceedings are submitted for accreditation on publication. Please note that as this is a new conference the process can take longer than usual.