Presented by: Prof. Dan Remenyi
Wednesday 19th January 2022
What this webinar is about
The analysis of qualitative data is a major challenge for many academic researchers. It is challenging to find guidance towards rigor qualitative data analysis. Usually faced with a substantial amount of text it is often difficult to know exactly where to start and what sort of techniques to employ. In fact, the analysis of qualitative data is not as formidable or awesome a task as it is often made out to be. Much of the difficult experienced by many researchers lies in knowing how to produce a convincing answer to the research question. This will involve drawing together different types of data and interpreting and understanding what has been found out. The primary purpose of this webinar is to become aware of the most important approach to this task and to offer suggestions as to how to use these techniques to achieve beneficial results.
Topics covered in the seminar
- The strategic advantage of qualitive data. Managing the data collation process. Analysis and interpretation and discuss the need to craft an argument
- Review some of the more popular different qualitative traditions available.
- From data, to analysis, establishing concepts/constructs/themes, exploring possible relationships, presenting potential relationships, postulating a theoretical conjecture
- The transcript summary and the summary of the summary.
- Direct interpretation with hermeneutic processes. The hermeneutic cycle, Developing an argument.
- Summarisation of data. The nature of coding. Different approaches to coding. Multiple level coding, Exploring the codes using conceptual mapping techniques. A critique of content and thematic analysis, Developing and defending the theoretical conjecture.
This webinar delivers practical useful information which can be put to immediate use. It is relevant to academics from most Faculties, Departments and Schools.
The webinar will be held on Wednesday 19 January 2022, and it will run to GMT time using Zoom. The Zoom Room will open at 1:45 pm (GMT) and the event will begin at 2:00 pm and will finish at 4:00 pm (GMT). The attendance fee is £30. A free PDF Copy of a Glossary of Research Concepts and Issue will be supplied to all webinar participants. This book may be viewed at https://www.academic-bookshop.com/ourshop/prod_7528614-A-Glossary-of-Research-Concepts-and-Issues.html
To reserve a place on the webinar, please see: https://shop.academic-conferences.org/?ec_store=webinars and for further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact: email@example.com
For further information please click here: Qualitative Data Analysis