Pre Conference Workshop - Wednesday 18th September 2019
14:00 - 16:30
Implementing Experiential Teaching Innovations to Encourage Entrepreneurial Activity Presented by Prof. Emma Fleck, Susquehanna University, USA and Dr. Alexandros Kakouris, Hellenic Open University, Greece
In many educational articles and guidelines teachers are encouraged to introduce innovations to their entrepreneurial teaching practices. Indeed, entrepreneurship education has often pursued experiential learning pedagogies in order to engage students and inspire them toward business venturing. As we acknowledge the shift in the student body from Millennials to Gen Z (iGen), this workshop aims to introduce participants to a number of experiential teaching innovations to engage students in entrepreneurial theory and practice. The workshop will demonstrate various techniques including: The use of music and art to teach entrepreneurship; The use of art to trigger critical reflection; Developing creativity through the use of the superhero; Using alternative media such as film and TV to engage students
Participants are welcome to experience and discuss innovative entrepreneurial learning through the aesthetic experience. Each participant will also gain an understanding on how to implement them in the classroom. We will also encourage sharing of knowledge from participants from their own techniques of innovative teaching.
- To introduce educators to innovative techniques to teach the various components of entrepreneurship.
- To develop an understanding of how these innovative techniques engage a new student body.
- To examine activities based on experiential practices with learning processes and objectives.
- To gain insights into different activities for different purposes and for different levels of education.
- To reflect on practices and share knowledge and to consider the adaption and implementation of the specific activities in own teaching practice.
The workshop is aimed at Entrepreneurship education scholars and teachers.
The workshop will be held the day before ECIE 2019. The cost of attending the workshop is £30 for participants registered for the European Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship and £60 for anyone wishing to participate who is not attending the conference.
To reserve a place on the workshop, you can register at:
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org