ACPIL Cancellation and Refund Policy
- If a registrant is unable to attend an event for any reason they may substitute, by arrangement with the registrar, someone else to attend in their place.
- If a registrant is unable to attend, and providing the conference registrar is informed in writing by the final date for payment that as displayed on the website for the event in question, the fee paid can be left with ACPIL as payment towards a place at the same event the following year or another ACPIL event that takes place in the 12 months following the originally booked event. In the case of a contributing author, the paper will notbe published in the Conference Proceedings if the fee is held over for another conference, but may be eligible for publication in the later event if appropriate.
- Where the registrant is unable to attend, and is not in a position to transfer his/her place to another person or to another event, then the following refund arrangements apply:
- Registrations cancelled as a result of a paper not being accepted are eligible for an 80% refund of the registration fees paid. The remaining 20% of the fee contributes to administration costs incurred.
- Registrations cancelled more than 60 days before the event are eligible for an 80% refund of the registration fees paid.
- Registrations cancelled less than 60 days, but more than 30 days before the event are eligible for a 50% refund of the registration fees paid.
- Registrations cancelled less than 30 days before the event are no longer eligible for a refund.
- Failure to register after receiving a paper acceptance following the review process will incur a GBP50 review fee.
- Registrations cancelled more than 10 working days before the event are eligible for a refund of the registration fees paid, less a GBP50 administration charge.
- No refunds are available for cancellations made within 10 working days of the event.
- Cancellations from authors made after a failed visa application will be refunded the registration fees paid in excess of GBP200, which covers the costs associated with processing the paper. In this event, the paper will still be published in the conference proceedings and the registrant will receive an electronic copy of the proceedings. Early bird Student registrations are not refundable in this instance.
- Cancellations from non-authors made after a failed visa application will be refunded the registration fees paid less an administration charge of GBP 50 per participant registered providing notification is received within 10 days of the event.
Important note for failed visa applications
Notification must be received by ACPIL in writing (email or fax) no later than 10 (ten) working days before the conference starts for refunds to be eligible. Cancellations received after this cut-off time will no longer be eligible for refund.
In the event that printed proceedings have been ordered and the registrant is unable to attend, additional postage charges will be applied before books will be dispatched.
Refunds will be made in the following ways:
- For payments received by credit or debit cards, the same credit/debit card will be refunded.
- For all other payments, a bank transfer will be made to the payee nominated account.
Important: For payments received from outside the UK by bank transfer, the refund will be made by bank transfer and all bank charges will be for the registrants account.
The policy as stated on this page is valid from May 2018.