- Academic Papers
- Case Studies
- Work in-Progress Papers
- Round Table Discussion Proposals
- PhD Papers
- Non- Academic or Practitioner Contributions
The International Conference on Tourism (ICTR 2018) is an opportunity for academics, practitioners and consultants from around the world who are involved in the study, management and development of tourism and hospitality related issues in practice, the public sector and in education to come together and exchange ideas.
There are several strong strands of research and interest that are developing in the area including sustainability, the challenges facing global tourism and emerging markets, to mention only a few. This year the conference host, JAMK University of applied sciences is involved with several business ecosystem representatives around Lake Päijänne in Finland, which is a candidate for Unesco’s Biosphere reserve. Therefore Nature tourism as well as Cultural tourism is of particular interest this year.
Customer oriented tourism services is another area of particular interest, where the customer co-creates services together with service providers. When the customer switches to being a service provider, it is referred to as a Sharing economy and this is arguably the newest topic in Tourism research. Although as a phenomena it is really changing tourism industry, we are not seeing this so much yet in Finland!
The timing of ICTR 2018 is right to encourage a call for multidisciplinary research to be showcased in Jyväskylä.
All Papers accepted for ICTR after the double-blind peer review process will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. The Proceedings is a published book with an ISBN and ISSN.
See the ICTR Call for Papers, important dates below.
- Sustainable tourism
- Specialist tourism (Nature, Cultural, Sport etc.)
- Public private partnerships in tourism management
- Customer Oriented tourism services
- The sharing economy in the tourism industry
- Emerging markets and new destinations.
- Education for tourism and hospitality
- Marketing in tourism and hospitality
- Innovation and entrepreneurship in tourism
- IT in tourism
- Sustainable / Eco-Tourism
- Cultural Tourism
- Nature Tourism
- Career commitment of Future Tourism and Hospitality Workforce
- Sport Tourism
- ICT in the Tourism & Hospitality Business
|Abstract submission deadline||STILL ACCEPTING ABSTRACTS|
|Notification of abstract acceptance||11 September 2017|
|Full paper due for review||19 October 2017|
|Notification of paper acceptance (with any requested changes)||28 December 2017|
|Earlybird registration closes||11 January 2018|
|Final paper due (with any changes)||25 January 2018|
|Final Author registration date||15 February 2018|