- Academic Papers
- Case Studies
- Work in-Progress Papers
- Round Table Discussion Proposals
- PhD Papers
- Non- Academic or Practitioner Contributions
Social media is being adopted and applied in almost every area of human activity, be it for personal applications, in education, for commercial applications or in the public sector. The rapid uptake of social media is related to many factors including its ease of use and adaptability to different devices. However, it also poses some challenges and problems that need to be addressed and discussed. Taking this into consideration ECSM seeks to establish a home for researchers and practitioners with a wide range of approaches to engaging with the impact, use and potential of social media across disciplines. The conference committee welcomes contributions on a wide array of topics using a range of scholarly approaches including theoretical and empirical papers employing qualitative, quantitative and critical methods.
All Papers accepted for ECSM after the double-blind peer review process will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. The Proceedings is a published book with an ISBN and ISSN.
Please see the ECSM Call for Papers, Important Dates below.
- Social media and the economy (including social economy)
- Social media in business and its impact on the development of entrepreneurship
- Locial media in education, both formal and informal at all levels
- Legal and security aspects of social media
- Social media in politics and public administration
- Social media in terms of sociology, psychology, philosophy and pedagogy
- Benefits and disadvantages of using social media in different demographics
- Change in Social Media Usage Patterns with Covid-19
- eWOM Communications: Trends and Determinants
The influencer in social media. Who is that?
|Abstract submission deadline||STILL ACCEPTING ABSTRACTS|
|Notification of abstract acceptance||29 October 2021|
|Full paper due for review||09 December 2021|
|Notification of paper acceptance (with any requested changes)||17 February 2022|
|Earlybird registration closes||03 March 2022|
|Final paper due (with any changes)||17 March 2022|
|Final Author registration date||07 April 2022|