- Academic Papers
- Case Studies
- Work in-Progress Papers
- Round Table Discussion Proposals
- PhD Papers
- Non- Academic or Practitioner Contributions
ECIC Call for Papers
Intellectual capital (IC) is generally defined as the intangible value of a business, and it incorporates its people (Human Capital), the value inherent in its relationships (Relational capital), and the knowledge and systems that form the foundation of the business (Structural capital). There has been, and continues to be, much discussion over how intellectual capital differs from intangibles, intangible assets or intellectual property.
In 1999, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development convened an international symposium in Amsterdam to deliberate on the experience, issues and prospects on measuring and reporting intellectual capital. At the same time a number of European Institutions were collaborating to produce a common framework for the identification, measurement and control of intangibles as well as to suggest criteria for the disclosure of information on the intangible determinants of the firm’s value. This activity, known better as the Meritum Project, produced a report in April 2001.
More than a decade on, at ECIIC 2019 we want to look beyond these guidelines to showcase the state of the art research in the field of Intellectual Capital.
All Papers accepted for ECIIC after the double-blind peer review process will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. The Proceedings is a published book with an ISBN and ISSN.
Please see the ECIIC Important Dates below:
- The application of intellectual capital in practice
- Linking theory and practice
- Intellectual capital reporting
- Intellectual capital based risk assessment
- Human capital management
- Social and cultural capital
- Intellectual capital and the economy
- Measurement of intellectual capital
- Managing Intellectual Capital
- Assessing and evaluating intellectual capital
- Web 2.0 technologies for Intellectual Capital
- New challenges for intellectual capital
- Intellectual Capital in Inter-Organizational Networks
- How do firms extract intellectual capital from Big Data, data analytics and artificial intelligence?
- Sustainability and Integrated Reporting in Public and Hybrid Organizations
|Abstract submission deadline||1 November 2018|
|Notification of abstract acceptance||12 November 2018|
|Full paper due for review||20 December 2018|
|Notification of paper acceptance (with any requested changes)||28 February 2019|
|Earlybird registration closes||14 March 2019|
|Final paper due (with any changes)||28 March 2019|
|Final Author registration date||17 April 2019|