19th International Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security
26 - 27 March 2024, Johannesburg, South Africa
University of Johannesburg, South Africa
Welcome to ICCWS 2024
ICCWS uniquely addresses cyber security, cyber warfare and information warfare.
For the past 19 years ICCWS has developed into an important conference in the cyber-security field, attracting academics, military professionals and practitioners from around the world to present their research findings in the form of empirical studies, case histories and other theoretical and practical contributions. In addition doctoral degree candidates find this conference a valuable opportunity to network with others and have the opportunity to present papers and posters.
Over the years the Conference has been attended by a variety of security and military organisations including Cyber Security Policy Research Institute, more than 10 national defence colleges, NATO, SHAPE etc.
|Abstract submission deadline||04 September 2023|
|Notification of abstract acceptance||18 September 2023|
|Full paper due for review||23 October 2023|
|Notification of paper acceptance (with any requested changes)||08 January 2024|
|Earlybird registration closes||15 January 2024|
|Final paper due (with any changes)||29 January 2024|
|Final Author registration date||19 February 2024|
Papers accepted for the ICCWS after the double-blind peer review process, will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. The conference proceedings have an ISSN (2049-9870) and will be assigned an ISBN on publication. Proceedings are accessible here: https://papers.academic-conferences.org/index.php/iccws
Additionally, papers that have been presented at the conference will also be considered for further development and possible publication in the journals listed below. Note that journal editors are provided with the conference proceedings and will make selections if they feel work is appropriate and of sufficient quality for the journal. If invited to publish in a journal authors will be expected to develop the work by 40-50%, including a change of title and abstract. Individual journal procedures will need to be followed and there is no guarantee of publication.
- International Journal of Information and Computer Security published by Inderscience ISSNs - online: 1744-1773 print: 1744-1765
- Journal of Information Warfare (classified by the Australian Research Council): (ISSN 1445-3312 (Printed) ISSN 1445-3347 (Online))
- International Journal of Cyber Warfare and Terrorism (IJCWT) published by Information Resources Management Association, USA.( DOI: 10.4018/IJCWT, ISSN: 1947-3435, EISSN: 1947-3443).
- International Journal of Electronic Security and Digital Forensics published by Inderscience UK (ISSN:1751-1911X).
The Proceedings of the International Conference on Cyber Warfare and Security (ICCWS) will be submitted to the following bodies for indexing:
- BowkerLink Publisher Access System
- British Library Legal Deposit
- Curran Associates Proceedings
- EBSCO database of Conference Proceedings
- Elsevier Scopus
- Google Scholar
- Google Book Search
- Web of Science (WoS) Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- Institution of Engineering and Technology in the UK
- Publishers’ Licensing Services
The Conference Proceedings are submitted for accreditation on publication. Please note that depending on the accreditation body this process can take up to several months.