12th European Conference on Games Based Learning
4 - 5 October 2018,
Welcome to ECGBL 2017
Welcome to ECGBL 2018
The European Conference on Games Based Learning was established 12 years ago. It has been held in Austria, Scotland, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Greece and Norway to mention only some of the countries who have hosted it. ECGBL is generally attended by participants from more than 40 countries and attracts an interesting combination of academic scholars, practitioners, game designers and individuals who are engaged in various aspects of games-based learning and serious games. Among other journals, the Electronic Journal of e-Learning publishes a special edition of the best papers presented at this conference.
The conference is also host to The 6th International Educational Games Competition.
ECGBL 2018 is being held at SKEMA Business School, Sophia Antipolis, France on 4-5 October and the Conference Chair is Dr Melanie Ciussi.
|Abstract submission deadline||15 March 2018|
|Notification of abstract acceptance||26 March 2018|
|Full paper due for review||03 May 2018|
|Notification of paper acceptance (with any requested changes)||12 July 2018|
|Call for Games Closes||15 June 2018|
|Notification of Game acceptance||26 June 2018|
|Earlybird registration closes||26 July 2018|
|Final paper due (with any changes)||09 August 2018|
|Final author payment date||30 August 2018|
ECGBL Publication Opportunities
ECGBL Publication Opportunities
Papers accepted for the ECGBL after the double-blind peer review process, will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. The conference proceedings have an ISSN (2049-0992) and will be assigned an ISBN on publication.
Additionally, papers that have been presented at the conference will also be considered for further development an possible publication in the journals listed below. Note that journal editors are provided with the conference proceedings and will make selections if they feel work is appropriate and of sufficient quality for the journal. If invited to publish in a journal authors will be expected to develop the work by 40-50%, including a change of title and abstract. Individual journal procedures will need to be followed and there is no guarantee of publication.
- International Journal of Game-Based Learning. published by the Information Resource Management Association (DOI: 10.4018/IJGBL, ISSN: 2155-6849, EISSN: 2155-6857)
- Serious Games published by the European Alliance for Innovation (EAI) Endorsed Transactions
- Electronic Journal of e-Learning (ISSN 1479-4403)
ECGBL Conference Proceedings Accreditations
Accreditations & Listings
ECGBL 2016 Conference proceedings Accreditations
Proceedings of the European Conference on Games Based Learning (ECGBL) are:
- indexed in the Thomson Reuters ISI Web of Science (WOS) Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- indexed by the Institution of Engineering and Technology in the UK
- listed in the EBSCO database
- listed on Google Book Search
- listed on Google Schoolar
- indexed by Elsevier SCOPUS
- Ranked by the Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
The Conference Proceedings are submitted for accreditation on publication. Please note that depending on the accreditation body this process can take up to several months.