17th European Conference on Knowledge Management
1 – 2nd September 2016
Welcome to ECKM 2016
ECKM is the longest running Academic KM Conference in Europe.
It has run in Universities in cities which include: Paris, Lisbon, Dublin, Oxford, Glasgow, Aix-au-Province, Bled, Venice, Nice to mention only a few. About 2,000 academics ranging from Deans of Faculties and Schools to PhD candidates have previously attended.
The conference is generally attended by participants from more than 40 countries and attracts an interesting combination of academic scholars, practitioners and individuals who are engaged in various aspects of Knowledge Management. A number of journals including the Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management publishes research presented at this conference. The conference hosts a PhD and Master colloquium and also a competition for the Best Case History describing a successful KM application.
ECKM 2016 is being held at the Ulster University, Belfast, Northern Ireland where the Conference Co-chairs are Dr Sandra Moffett and Dr Brendan Galbraith.
This Conference will host The Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital Excellence Awards.
|Abstract submission deadline|
|Notification of abstract acceptance|
|Full paper due for review|
|Notification of paper acceptance||9 June 2016|
|Earlybird registration closes||23 June 2016|
|Final paper due (with any changes)||7 July 2016|
|Final author payment date||28 July 2016|
|Excellence awards abstract submission|
|Excellence awards notification of abstract acceptance|
|Excellence awards full case history submission||30 April 2016|
|Excellence awards finalists announced||13 June 2016
ECKM Publication Opportunities
ECKM Publication Opportunities
Papers accepted for the ECKM will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. The conference proceedings have an ISSN ( 2048-8968) and will be assigned an ISBN on publication.
Additionally, papers that have been presented at the conference will also be considered for publication in:
- International Journal of Knowledge Management Studies published by Inderscience ISSNs - online: 1743-8276- print: 1743-8268
- Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management. ISSN: 1479-4411
- International Journal of Big Data Intelligence published by Inderscience ISSN online: 2053-1397 ISSN print 205-1389
- Springer Journal of the Knowledge Economy (JKEC) ISSN: 1868-7865 (print version) ISSN: 1868-7873 (electronic version)
- Taylor & Francis Information Systems Management ISSN:1058-0530 (Print), 1934-8703 (Online)
ECKM Conference Accreditations
Accreditations & Listings
- listed in the Thomson Reuters ISI Web of Science(WOS) Conference Proceedings Citation Index.
- indexed by Elsevier SCOPUS abstract and citation database
- indexed by Compendex (EI) Engineering Information research citation database
- indexed by the Institution of Engineering and Technology in the UK.
- indexed by Google Books and Google Scholar
- listed in the EBSCO database of Conference Proceedings
- ranked B in the Australian Research Council ERA Conference List
Conference proceedings are submitted for accreditation on publication. Please note that depending on the accreditation body, this process can take several months.