Many universities across the world encourage entrepreneurship in ways that range from educational programs to the operation of incubators to support the actual launch of new businesses. While many of these incubators focus on the launch of businesses to support the work of faculty and university research centres, others focus more on how to help young entrepreneurs.
As the development of young entrepreneurs is receiving much greater attention across the world, at the International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship
we are launching a competition to showcase novel and innovative institutional incubators and similar initiatives that focus on the development of young entrepreneurs.
If you are or have been involved in the creation of an institutional incubator or other similar initiative that supports the development of young entrepreneurs we invite you to participate in this competition.
To enter we ask you in the first instance to submit an abstract using the online submission form describing the initiative. If your work is suitable we will invite you to submit a case history of no more than 3000 words describing the Incubator/Initiative.
The judges will be using the following criteria when considering submissions
- The title and mandate of the Incubator/Initiative, including the targeted young entrepreneurs
- The criteria used to screen applicants
- Strategies to encourage inclusion of diverse candidates
- The infrastructure/support provided by the institution
- The links to other entrepreneurship activities within the institution
- The performance of the Incubator/Initiative so far, including any ratings by participants
- The challenges that were encountered
- Plans to further develop/improve the initiative
The judges will consider all submissions received by the closing date and the top 10 initiatives will be invited to present their cases at the conference in Washington DC in March 2018.
A prize will be awarded to the initiative judged most innovative and effective.
|Incubator Awards abstract submission||STILL ACCEPTING ABSTRACTS
|Incubator Awards notification of abstract acceptance||22 September 2017
|Incubator Awards full case history submission||01 November 2017
|Incubator Awards finalists announced||18 December 2017
[Download not found]
Click here to submit your entry