4th European Conference on Social Media
3-4 July 2017, Vilnius, Lithuania
Welcome to ECSM 2016
Welcome to ECSM 2017
The European Conference on Social Media was established 4 years ago. This event has previously been held in England, Portugal and France. The conference has attracted participants from more than 40 countries and been attended by a combination of academic scholars, public sector workers, practitioners and individuals who are engaged in various aspects of the social media industry. A number of journals are selecting papers from the conference for further development and publication.
At ECSM 2017 we will be Launching the 1st Social Media in Practice Excellence Awards. We are looking forward to an interesting competition in Vilnius.
We have 3 post conference events following ECSM 2017. Join us for a trip to Riga, a tour to Trakai or a city tour of Vilnius. To find out more click here.
|Abstract submission deadline||12 December 2016|
|Notification of abstract acceptance||22 December 2016|
|Full paper due for review||30 January 2017|
|Notification of paper acceptance (with any requested changes)||10 April 2017|
|Earlybird registration closes||24 April 2017|
|Final paper due (with any changes)||8 May 2017|
|Final Author registration date||29 May 2017|
|Social Media in Practice Awards abstract submission||17 January 2017|
|Social Media in Practice Awards notification of abstract acceptance||31 January 2017|
|Social Media in Practice Awards full case history submission||8 March 2017|
|Social Media in Practice Awards finalists announced||18 April 2017|
ECSM Publication Opportunities
ECSM Publication Opportunities
Papers accepted for the ECSM will be published in the conference proceedings, subject to author registration and payment. The conference proceedings have an ISSN (2055-7213) and will be assigned an ISBN on publication.
Papers that have been presented at the Conference will be considered for further development and publication in the following journals:
- Online Information Review published by Emerald Insight, ISSN: 1468-4527
- International Journal of Social Media and Interactive Learning Environments published by Inderscience, ISSN 2050-3962
- International Journal of Web-Based Communities published by Inderscience,
- Journal of Information, Communication and Ethics in Society published by Emerald Insight, ISSN 1477-996X
ECSM Conference Accreditations
Accreditations & Listings
ECSM 2016 Conference and Journal Accreditations
Proceedings of the European Conference on Social Media (ECSM) are:
- indexed in the Thomson Reuters ISI (WOS) Conference Proceedings Citation Index
- indexed in Elsevier SCOPUS abstract and citation database
- indexed by the Institution of Engineers and Technology in the UK (INSPEC)
- Listed in the EBSCO database.
- Listed in the ProQuest database.
- Indexed by Google Books and Google Scholar
The Conference Proceedings are submitted for accreditation on publication. Please note that depending on the accreditation body, this process can take several months